LISTED FOR SALE: THE FIRST WEEK & BEYOND
We will probably enter your home for sale into MLS on a Wednesday because this strategy maximizes open house attendance by giving third party websites enough time to mine the data, but without staying on too long.
- Enter listing into the MLS system.
- Install “For Sale” yard sign.
- Host public open house on the first Sunday (sometimes Saturday, too).
- Invite brokers and agents to tour home at broker’s open house on either a Tuesday or a Thursday from about 11:00-1:00.
- Show property to potential buyers.
- Follow-up on Internet leads.
- Monitor market conditions.
- Monitor comparable properties for sale.